The Wisdom of Jeffucious
For those who don't know, there's all sorts of blogging excitement going on over at jeffucious.blogspot.com, and I highly recommend checking it out! However, don't think that the same ole' wisdom you've grown to know and love here at The Proctor Post is going away. Quite the contrary!
Taking a lead from Sammie's Post, I'd like to talk about a few of the wonderful characters from my 1st graduate class, going on now:
1) "Off-Topic Lady" - she has great things to say, that have nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. Oh, but she tries to make them relate! Meanwhile, the other 20 people in the class look at each other with horror. Oh yeah, "Off-Topic Lady" also has a second personality that turns her in to "Easy Way Out Lady", always asking if the professors notes will be available online or for a study guide for the final exam. The professor finally replied, "This IS a graduate class". It was sad/funny.
2) "Militant Mike" - while I should preface this by saying that about half of my class is military-related (it is near the Pentagon), "Militant Mike" takes it to a new level. I am continually impressed by his ability to turn ANYTHING into a military tactical situation. That reminds me of.....nevermind.
3) "Mr. Know-It-All" - clearly someone has to be the smartest person in the class. Equally as clear is the fact that a certain someone thinks that he IS that person. Every class seems to have one of these people, and I make it my goal to be sure to stick it to him as much as possible.
4) "Mr. Funny-Funny Ha-Ha" - this guy is great. He can take the most boring subjects from the class and shed an intellectual, yet humorous light to them. Who would have thought that international human rights issues could be funny? He certainly did, and it was great. By the way, this guy is me.
5) "Ms. I Could Beat You Up, Easily" - knowing that the class is military-oriented, it should have come as no surprise that I might find myself near the bottom of the strength food chain. The surprise, of course, is that gender does not seem to be a factor here. IF, by chance, Ms. I Could Beat You Up, Easily, you happen to be reading this.......this is Mr. Know-It-All.....signing off.
Taking a lead from Sammie's Post, I'd like to talk about a few of the wonderful characters from my 1st graduate class, going on now:
1) "Off-Topic Lady" - she has great things to say, that have nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. Oh, but she tries to make them relate! Meanwhile, the other 20 people in the class look at each other with horror. Oh yeah, "Off-Topic Lady" also has a second personality that turns her in to "Easy Way Out Lady", always asking if the professors notes will be available online or for a study guide for the final exam. The professor finally replied, "This IS a graduate class". It was sad/funny.
2) "Militant Mike" - while I should preface this by saying that about half of my class is military-related (it is near the Pentagon), "Militant Mike" takes it to a new level. I am continually impressed by his ability to turn ANYTHING into a military tactical situation. That reminds me of.....nevermind.
3) "Mr. Know-It-All" - clearly someone has to be the smartest person in the class. Equally as clear is the fact that a certain someone thinks that he IS that person. Every class seems to have one of these people, and I make it my goal to be sure to stick it to him as much as possible.
4) "Mr. Funny-Funny Ha-Ha" - this guy is great. He can take the most boring subjects from the class and shed an intellectual, yet humorous light to them. Who would have thought that international human rights issues could be funny? He certainly did, and it was great. By the way, this guy is me.
5) "Ms. I Could Beat You Up, Easily" - knowing that the class is military-oriented, it should have come as no surprise that I might find myself near the bottom of the strength food chain. The surprise, of course, is that gender does not seem to be a factor here. IF, by chance, Ms. I Could Beat You Up, Easily, you happen to be reading this.......this is Mr. Know-It-All.....signing off.

2 Comments:
At 8:53 AM,
Anonymous said…
That's awesome. Toss a few more people in the know it all category and you'd have a first year law class.
At 8:59 AM,
Scott said…
I love the shout-out to yourself (see no. 4). I literally laughed out loud for at least a good 5 seconds. Good times.
Post a Comment
<< Home