The Proctor Post

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

iToldYaSo

I'd like to apologize in advance to the dead horse, but I found this too interesting to pass up. Yesterday, May 1, was my 6-month anniversary of working on a Mac. It was ALSO the day that this article came out about Mac exposure to viruses. The funny part (and the final part of the trifecta) is that yesterday was also the day that Apple launched their new ad campaign about how safe they are. Yes, there are still fewer Mac OS viruses than there are for Windows, but what a terrible day to get added to the SANS list.

By the way, I've built a new system, called JeffroSoft. It is 100% virus free. I'd make it available for download, but then it would gain popularity among those who consider themselves elite and then those who want to be elite would create viruses to attack JeffroSoft. Despite my efforts, and advertising, they would eventually create successful viruses and expose Jeffrosoft users to a variety of problems. So, I'm keeping my 100% virus free operating system to myself.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Leann said…

    LOVE IT!!!

    I saw that commercial last night. It was funny to a degree, but I believe I rolled my eyes before the end of it.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    The article states that OS X is "suceptible" to virus attacks, not that have been any killer worms or viruses written. AND the new commercial (with Warren P. Cheswick from "Ed") only implies that there are millions of viruses for Macs, which is true.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home