Chuck Bucket
Alright, this post is a bit overdue. However, I must (in fairness) comment upon my recent viewing of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Let me first give you the fact pattern:
1. I do not like Johnny Depp
2. Johnny Depp's movies, by and large, suck (see IMDB)
3. I did, however, really like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
4. I didn't see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory until now because of my aforementioned dislike of Johnny Depp
Now, on to the movie (by the way, "Chuck Bucket" is my nickname for Charlie Bucket, the boy in the movie). Okaaaaay, it was good....really good. I didn't *really* like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but I didn't hate it either. I thought it was "just a good little movie". The new one is better. I would, however, like to reserve the right to believe that Johnny Depp had little or nothing to do with how good this movie was (I didn't say I was reserving the right to be correct).
In short, I'm apologize to Laurie (I KNOW you're reading) for not seeing this one sooner. I guess my giving you the free pass on Walk the Line makes up for that though, right?
For the rest of you, if you haven't seen it, do. If you have, feel free to comment.
1. I do not like Johnny Depp
2. Johnny Depp's movies, by and large, suck (see IMDB)
3. I did, however, really like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
4. I didn't see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory until now because of my aforementioned dislike of Johnny Depp
Now, on to the movie (by the way, "Chuck Bucket" is my nickname for Charlie Bucket, the boy in the movie). Okaaaaay, it was good....really good. I didn't *really* like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but I didn't hate it either. I thought it was "just a good little movie". The new one is better. I would, however, like to reserve the right to believe that Johnny Depp had little or nothing to do with how good this movie was (I didn't say I was reserving the right to be correct).
In short, I'm apologize to Laurie (I KNOW you're reading) for not seeing this one sooner. I guess my giving you the free pass on Walk the Line makes up for that though, right?
For the rest of you, if you haven't seen it, do. If you have, feel free to comment.

5 Comments:
At 1:55 PM,
Scott said…
It is really good. Cheryl and I just finished watching it ourselves and were presently surprised. A great improvement over the other film.
At 12:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
The FACT PATTERN? You're spending entirely too much time around lawyers.
At 3:29 AM,
Krystal said…
Chuck Bucket sounds like slang for "bed pan".
At 7:05 AM,
Ann said…
Andy and I watched the movie the morning of Thanksgiving, and I enjoyed it a lot. I've never seen the original one so I can't comment on it, but I do enjoy their ride on the chocolate river.
At 10:24 AM,
Leann said…
AHHH...my master plan is working. Now if I can just get you to watch Pirates of the Caribbean...you will be sufficiently brainwashed!
Just be glad I haven't forced you to watch Benny and June.
Post a Comment
<< Home